php running as "nobody" giving me problems

neo4242002

Jun 28, 2005
Thanks chirpy... but I am still cannot change my mind for PhpSuExec, since most php scripts are not support it.

anyway thanks lots guys

myce

Oct 24, 2001
You also need to know that you can't change the permission on any of your scripts and/or directories to 777.
How are we supposed to run scripts that require 777 on directories and/or files? I've got half-a-dozen-or-so that mandate 777. :eek:

verdon

Nov 1, 2003
Northern Ontario, Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
myce said:
How are we supposed to run scripts that require 777 on directories and/or files? I've got half-a-dozen-or-so that mandate 777. :eek:
That usually means the script is poorly written... the script should be checking to see if the webserver user can write to the file/dir in question, but this doesn't mean the perms need to be 777. That's just lazy coding :) You'd have to tweak the script.

JohnodACD

Oct 21, 2005
I think i am confued how to get it all activated. in whm all i have the ability to enable is suexec hos do i enable or install phpsuexec?

AndyReed

PartnerNOC
May 29, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
JohnodACD said:
I think i am confued how to get it all activated. in whm all i have the ability to enable is suexec hos do i enable or install phpsuexec?

Login to your WHM >> Software >> Update Apache
Scroll down the page and Phpsuexec is one of the option there.

JohnodACD

Oct 21, 2005
AndyReed said:
Login to your WHM >> Software >> Update Apache
Scroll down the page and Phpsuexec is one of the option there.
Thanks I cant tell you how many times i been in there and have not seen that before.

ezztro

Nov 11, 2003
fuzzymonkey said:
2. Files uploaded from php scripts are owned by "nobody," so they aren't counted in the user's quota. Today I found a user with 4 Gigs on his 100 meg account because of this.
I have the same "Problem" here, but one question.

Users with a Shopsoftware like OSC / XTC. When this Users upload Productimages, the images has nobody:nobody as Userrights and chmod 777 :eek:

So, but why dont display the Apache this Pictures at the website ? Apache owned this OPictures ut doesnt display the pictures :confused:

Everey time a user upload pictures a admin must login via ssh und chown this pictures from nobody:nobody > User:User, chmod to 644 and than apache can display the pictures on the website.