The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

php script just "dies"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smoogles, Feb 1, 2005.

1. smoogles

smoogles Member

i have a script that takes a rather long time to run. Maybe in the 10-15 minute range. It inserts about 450,000+ mysql rows processing an equivalent select's. While its running, it sucks up a large % of cpu, not sure how much memory (probably not THAT much at any given moment as it cycles). At random points when i try to access this script on my server it simply dies. No error msgs, NOTHING. I'll see about 1/5 of the job done if i take a look in the database. Are there any kind of limitations that whm/cpanel set. Is there anything that automatically kills high cpu sucking processes? I dont have any rlimit's set. In the script i disable php's time limit, i have 64mb as the max memory any php script can use. Again, theres no error msgs. The page that is displayed is the same form that i used to give the script a date range.

2. smoogles

smoogles Member

i just ran the script on the command line... it completes fully. So i believe its a apache issue, not a php issue...