Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

php scripts cannot see or access binary files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TechBill, Mar 21, 2019.

Tags:
  1. TechBill

TechBill Member

I had a video cms script on a website that uses ffmpeg and some other binaries to encode video into a web friendly format. It stopped working so I went to look at the web backend and it give me a warning that it cannot locate the ffmpeg binary even the path /usr/bin/ffmpeg is correct.

I ssh'ed in and I was able to encode videos using ffmpeg from shell so did cpanel add some type of security preventing the php script to use binary files ?

How do I adjust the setting to allow some binaries to be executed by php scripts?

I own the host and have full WHM / Shell access

Please advise

Thank you

2. TechBill

TechBill Member

I just turn off the PHP-FPM and now it see the binary files.

I am not sure what is PHP-FPM

3. TechBill

TechBill Member

I read the doc and enabled the PHP-FPM but I tried to configure it to allow php to exec some binary files however it still could not see the binary file. I assume that PHP-FPM just put it in garden or jail?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @TechBill,

The following resource explains how you can modify php.ini directives when using PHP-FPM:

Tutorial - Managing php.ini directives with PHP-FPM

The information under the Caveat - PHP_INI_SYSTEM mode section is important to know if you're attempting to override the values for the disable_functions directive.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...