The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP settings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bob Weaver, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Bob Weaver

Bob Weaver Member

I have cPanel 11.42.1 (build 26) and WHM 11.42.1 (build 26).

I need to make sure ionCube loader is enabled, because a script I want to run (jReviews) requires it, and says that it failed when it checked for it.

So I have found instructions on how to enable it, but they require either EasyApache or else PHP Config in cPanel, or else Tweak Settings in WHM. I have none of these. There is no EasyApache in my cPanel. There is a PHP Configuration in cPanel, but it does not allow me to enable ionCube loader.

How do I get to the Tweak Settings section in WHM? When I go to WHM and click on Server Configuration, all there is shown is Basic cPanel & WHM Setup. There is no Tweak Settings shown.

Thanks for any help!

2. server9host

server9host Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Please let me know you login to WHM using root user or other user. Tweak setting option only enable for root user.

Thanks

3. Bob Weaver

Bob Weaver Member

Thank you for your reply. I only have one username for WHM, how do I tell if that is the root user?

- - - Updated - - -

I go to cPanel and try to change to a different account, and it warns me that I am logged in with the reseller or root password. Does that verify that I am logged in as the root user?

4. server9host

server9host Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Let me know that you are use "root" as username or else when you try login to your WHM.

If you are use other username means you not access WHM using root user and WHM root user have full privilege.

Thanks

5. Bob Weaver

Bob Weaver Member

No, I am not using "root" as the username. I am using my own username.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I cannot access the Tweak Settings in WHM.
    The ionCube loader is required for a script I want to run.
    The hosting company (Hostgator) says ionCube is already installed and enabled.
    But it is not listed when I run phpinfo.php, and when I try to run the script, it says ionCube failed.
    So there is something wrong with ionCube loader, but I cannot access anything in cPanel or WHM to enable it.

6. Bob Weaver

Bob Weaver Member

Never mind, I fixed it by editing my .htaccess and php.ini files manually.
    Thanks for trying though.

7. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I am happy to see you were able to resolve the issue. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.

Note that for future reference, you have reseller and not root access to the system.

Thank you.

8. Bob Weaver

Bob Weaver Member

That's correct. I only have reseller access, not root. So I do not get "EasyApache" in cPanel or "Tweak Settings" in WHM. Having access to those would have made this easier for me, though.

I did notice something interesting, though. My site is hosted on HostGator and I have cPanel cPanel 11.42.1 (build 26).
    I also work on another site which is hosted on HostMonster, and they have cPanel Pro 1.0 (RC1).
    In that version of cPanel, the PHP Config does have check boxes for extensions such as Magick Wand, ionCube and 7 others.
    Those checkboxes are not available in my version of cPanel. Is is possible to upgrade to cPanel Pro, or does that have to be done by the hosting company?

9. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    cPanel Pro was a plugin that was discontinued a few years ago. The additional options you see likely stem from a third-party application installed by your hosting provider. You could contact your new hosting provider to see if anything like that is possible through them.

Thank you.