PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library error [help]

YapRaQQ

Registered
Feb 26, 2011
hi everybody i m newbie and ı have this problem can you help me ?

PHP:
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/: cannot read file data: Is a directory in Unknown on line 0

vanessa

PartnerNOC
Sep 26, 2006
Virginia Beach, VA
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Based on the error, it would seem that the folder '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/' doesn't exist on your server, but PHP is looking for it. You should check the following locations to see where your extensions are being stored:

/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/
/usr/lib/php/extensions/

Look for folders like this:

no-debug-non-zts-2006xxxx
no-debug-zts-20060613

When you find it, go to /usr/lib/php.ini and change the value of extension_directory to the location of the folder you found

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It's more likely that you have an empty extension = directory in the php.ini file:

Code:
grep extension /usr/local/lib/php.ini
If you have it return the following:

Code:
extension =
Where nothing is listed after the = sign, then comment out that line in /usr/local/lib/php.ini and restart Apache to see if the errors clear up.

GoWilkes

Sep 26, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'm having a similar issue. My error_log shows:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_gd2.dll' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_gd2.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

The directory '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/ does exist, but the only file there is eaccelerator.so. And in WHM's PHP Configuration Editor, I have:

extension = eaccelerator.so, php_gd2.dll

Since this is just a warning, should I just remove ", php_gd2.dll" from php.ini?

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Windows systems have .dll files; Linux and FreeBSD systems do not. Yes, you should remove the the ", php_gd2.dll" entry from the extension line, since it cannot work on Linux.