Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library error [help]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by YapRaQQ, Feb 26, 2011.

1. YapRaQQ

YapRaQQ Registered

hi everybody i m newbie and ı have this problem can you help me ?

PHP:
    PHP Warning:  PHP StartupUnable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/: cannot read file dataIs a directory in Unknown on line 0

2. vanessa

vanessa Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Based on the error, it would seem that the folder '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/' doesn't exist on your server, but PHP is looking for it. You should check the following locations to see where your extensions are being stored:

/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/
    /usr/lib/php/extensions/

Look for folders like this:

no-debug-non-zts-2006xxxx
    no-debug-zts-20060613

When you find it, go to /usr/lib/php.ini and change the value of extension_directory to the location of the folder you found

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. YapRaQQ

YapRaQQ Registered

thanks for helping vanessa i will try and turn back with the results..

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It's more likely that you have an empty extension = directory in the php.ini file:

Code:
    grep extension /usr/local/lib/php.ini
    If you have it return the following:

Code:
    extension =
    Where nothing is listed after the = sign, then comment out that line in /usr/local/lib/php.ini and restart Apache to see if the errors clear up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. GoWilkes

GoWilkes Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'm having a similar issue. My error_log shows:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_gd2.dll' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_gd2.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

The directory '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/ does exist, but the only file there is eaccelerator.so. And in WHM's PHP Configuration Editor, I have:

extension = eaccelerator.so, php_gd2.dll

Since this is just a warning, should I just remove ", php_gd2.dll" from php.ini?

6. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Windows systems have .dll files; Linux and FreeBSD systems do not. Yes, you should remove the the ", php_gd2.dll" entry from the extension line, since it cannot work on Linux.