Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

PHP Stress test on cPanel Server question

Discussion in 'Security' started by mesranet, Dec 28, 2018.

1. mesranet

mesranet Well-Known Member

Dear All,

Anybody out there having experience about PHPStress attack and how to prevent it ? The source about PHPstress you cn get from nightlionsecurity.com/blog/news/2014/phpstress-dos-attack-php-nginx-apache/ and just now i try to run PHPStress to one of my client website with Wordpress, amazing, the server load spike into 100 just in 30 second

Any idea ? Please advice me. TQ

#1 mesranet, Dec 28, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2019
  2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello @mesranet

The link you provided is for a PHP Stress test to determine how well your server performs when experiencing a denial of service attack, not for a specific attack. In most cases your firewall can be configured to mitigate this, but in some cases you may want to look at a CDN like CloudFlare for further assistance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mesranet

mesranet Well-Known Member

Hi,

Any other opinion ? I also try to run PHPStress into domain with Cloudflare DNS, still cant prevent it

Any advice ? TQ

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello,

Again, phpstress that you're referencing is a stress test designed specifically to benchmark your application. It is not a form of attack. DoS attacks are usually fairly simple to mitigate by ip blocking, DDoS attacks are able to be mitigated using a combination of tools including CDN's, IP connection limiting within the software firewall, configuring your network router (hosting provider/datacenter would be responsible in most cases here), etc. What you would benefit most is researching ways to mitigate DDoS attacks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...