Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP Warning: Module already loaded in Unknown on line 0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SkipperHosting, Oct 12, 2017 at 9:53 AM.

1. SkipperHosting

SkipperHosting Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am getting this error in my error_log files, for all of my sites on my VPS; repeatable on every page load:
    Code:
    PHP Warning:  Module 'imagick' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
    Disabling the module entry in "MultiPHP INI Editor" (or manually to the php file at
    /opt/cpanel/ea-php71/root/etc/php.ini) quiets the error. But, imagick is also not loaded, as verified by phpinfo() call.

I am not suspect of the extension itself. It feels like the system is somehow parsing the php.ini file twice. Has anyone any experience with this before?

Details:
    One of the logs suggests this started on the morning of Oct 4, as none of these entries exist before that date. Nothingn in the update log stands out as related.

I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling imagick module via Module Installer > PECL, in case it added/removed anything elsewhere in the system.

CentOS 6.9, cPanel 66.0.24, php7.1.8 via EA4

2. 24x7serversecurity

24x7serversecurity Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi :),

Please check if there are any old php.ini files under the cPanel account's public_html, remove/rename if any. It can be the reason for such logs.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Are you using any custom php.ini files within the accounts that are facing this error message?

Thank you.

4. SkipperHosting

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have (4+) sites on this VPS, in various depths of customization. In fact, one is nothing more than a static html splash page. -- But, they all exhibit the same behavior; I do not see any php.ini files in any of the users' directories.

Sorry, failed to notice that the Oct 4 update also rolled me up to 7.1.10. It is possible this is a problem with that php version. Will note if investigation into that yields any results when compared to previous 7.1.8.

As a side point, in my case, 'imagick' is the only extension directly loaded by the main ini file. All the other extensions are loaded from the php.d directory.

Oct 4th does appear to be the date when this stated to manifest in the log. That same morning, cron updated to php7.1.10:

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look?

Thank you.

6. SkipperHosting

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ticket 8945593 opened with same name.
    Thanks

7. cPAusaf

cPAusaf Linux Technical Analyst II
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello

Internal case EA-6872 has been opened regarding this issue. I will be sure to add your ticket to this case. I believe this is a recent change where we are now scanning /opt/cpanel/ea-php##/root/etc/ (which ends up causing the module to get loaded twice).

8. SkipperHosting

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for the investigation and interim tweak/hold-over while any top-down system changes are pushed out.