The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP with Imap Module (Version 2004g) support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kornaz, Jul 19, 2006.

1. kornaz

kornaz Member

Is there any decent HOWTO about compiling PHP with IMAP (2004g) support in Cpanel, because I've been trying to do this for the last few days with no luck. I downloaded ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/imap/c-client.tar.Z, but WHERE do I have to extract it? Or should I use libc-client from my distribution? I had enough of googling...

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

In WHM > Update Apache you can select the version of PHP to use and the modules you want (or at least you can select from the modules it offers).

Selecting 'Imap Module (Version 2004g)' should do the trick.

3. kornaz

kornaz Member

Sadly, it doesnt do the trick. I get the following error with easyapache:

./buildscript: line 792: ./utils/build_prep.pl: No such file or directory
    ./buildscript: line 794: /usr/local/cpanel/src/3rdparty/bsd/imap-2004g/Makefile.new: No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `/usr/local/cpanel/src/3rdparty/bsd/imap-2004g/Makefile.new': No such file or directory
    ./buildscript: line 797: cd: /usr/local/cpanel/src/3rdparty/bsd/imap-2004g: No such file or directory

So I extracted c-client.tar.Z to /usr/local/cpanel/src/3rdparty/bsd/, but it seems that something's still wrong:

./buildscript: line 792: ./utils/build_prep.pl: No such file or directory
    Removing old processed sources and binaries...
    sh -c 'rm -rf an ua OSTYPE SPECIALS c-client mtest imapd ipopd mailutil mlock dmail tmail || true'
    cd tools;make clean
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/cpanel/src/3rdparty/bsd/imap-2004g/tools'
    sh -c 'rm -f *.o uahelper || true'
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/cpanel/src/3rdparty/bsd/imap-2004g/tools'
    make: *** No rule to make target `imap'. Stop.

PHP will NOT compile with --with-imap option after this... I'm running cPanel 10.8.2-R119, PHP 4.4.2 on Fedora Core 4 with the latest updates.

4. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Maybe the best option at this stage would be to contact cPanel support. If Apache/PHP doesn't compile from WHM then something is wrong somewhere!

5. kornaz

kornaz Member

Finally I've compiled PHP with IMAP Module support. /home/cpapachebuild/buildapache/buildscript is totally messed-up in IMAP part, so I've made a couple of workarounds to suite this buggy script. If anyone's interested, I can post my solution here.

6. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

It would be best to log the changes in bugzilla so that cPanel is aware of the issue.