Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

PHP with Java - where is libphp_java.so?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ggduff, Sep 17, 2003.

1. ggduff

ggduff Registered

I found several pages that explained step by step how to configure php with java support. I followed the instructions and everything went well until it got to the point of copying libphp_java.so from the modules directory to the php install directory. The problem is - libphp_java.so doesn't exist! I found the php_java.jar file. I see java.so, java.la, and java.a but that's it - no libphp_java.so. So I downloaded php-4.3.3 again - no avail. Then I downloaded php-4.3.2 & 4.3.1 and cannot find it in any of them either.

Without the libphp_java.so file causes the following error in my pages when I try to call the standard java classes:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: java in /home2/mydomain/www/php-java-test.php on line 51

I have spent many hours searching for this - combed through the php.net site, and I cannot find any clues to this mystery. I've tried every possible way to configure my php.ini file for java support. I have tried the java.so file as an extension. Can anyone please help or direct me to someone who can?

Thanks!

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: