Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

php xml api add_addondomain returning false positives?

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by notionphil, Mar 13, 2013.

1. notionphil

notionphil Registered

Hi All,

I'm using the xml api add_addondomain::addaddondomain function and it's working a little too well.

It successfully adds addon domains that have nameservers pointed to my server - this is working fine.

However, it also reports a success message and adds addon domains when nameservers aren't pointed to my server. These addon domains obviously don't work.

In the below example, the code would return a success even if the nameservers aren't pointed to my server. Additionally the $list_addondomains would contain this incorrectly added addondomain.

Actual result = " 2 UNPOINTEDDOMAIN.com was successfully parked on top of SUBDOMAIN.yyyyyyyy.com 1 1 "

Is this working as intended? Is there any way to check the nameservers of a non-hosted domain? Thanks!

PHP:
    $xmlapi = new xmlapi($ip);

$xmlapi->password_auth("root",$root_pass);

$xmlapi->set_debug(1);

$xmlapi->set_output('array');

$account "xxxxxxxx";

$subdomain_string="$subdomain"."yyyyyyyyy.com";

(
    HERE IS WHERE I REMOVE THE SUBDOMAIN FIRST)

$add_addondomain$xmlapi->api2_query($account'AddonDomain','addaddondomain', array(dir=>"public_html/$subdomain"newdomain=>"$requestedWebsite"subdomain=>"$subdomain") ); 
        echo
    "<br />result is ".$add_addondomain[data][result];        

$list_addondomains$xmlapi->api2_query($account'AddonDomain','listaddondomains'); //check if addondomain was added

2. notionphil

notionphil Registered

I'm sure there are some CPanel API experts out there who have an idea of what's going on here...anyone?