The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP5 Won't Install

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by java_dude, Jun 14, 2006.

1. java_dude

java_dude Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi, I've been trying to upgrade my PHP from 4.x to 5.x using WHM but it refuses to work... I'm just doing a basic Apache Update, all the usual options checked and it seems like it works ok but it gives 2 errors during the install:
    After that, none of my PHP pages work.. it just pops up a dialogue box and asks me to save/open the file. Which means that PHP isn't being recognized by the server, but I have no idea how to fix it. I haven't been able to find much by googling either. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

2. rhenderson

rhenderson Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

This issue has been covered in the forums several times, Search is your friend. To help you out see http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=37728&highlight=cd+%2Fusr%2Flib%2Fmysql+rename

3. java_dude

java_dude Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sorry, I wasn't sure what to search for... But thanks for that link. :) It doesn't seem to work though, when I try changing directories to "/usr/lib/mysql", it says there is no such directory. How can I find where it is on my server? I'm using CentOS 4.2 (64bit) if that helps at all. Thanks!

EDIT: nevermind, i found it! Apparently, it's /usr/lib64/mysql for 64-bit OSs... wish I knew that last night! :P Now let's see if it works...

Awesome, it worked! Thanks so much! I got a question though... does this need to be done every time I recompile Apache? Because I might upgrade to mysql5 too, which means I'd have to recompile and everything.

#3 java_dude, Jun 14, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2006
  4. rhenderson

rhenderson Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We have had to do it everytime we update PHP. Not sure when it will get fixed.