The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Php5

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cbn_Noodles, Mar 15, 2005.

1. cbn_Noodles

cbn_Noodles Member

I'm getting really confused over all of these PHP5 posts - I just need a simple answer.

Is PHP5 compatable with cPanel?

I'm not concerned with scripts not being compatable with PHP5 - as the ones I use are compatable with PHP5, and I have my own dedicated server running my site.

I just need to know if I will have any problems with cPanel/WebHostManager if I upgrade to PHP5.

#1 cbn_Noodles, Mar 15, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  2. DigitalN

DigitalN Well-Known Member

Hello,

cPanel uses it own version of php and would be unaffected by installing php5 for usage with apache.

3. cbn_Noodles

cbn_Noodles Member

And can I just confirm that the only reason cPanel is labeling PHP5 as (Testing) is because of concerns with compatability with web scripts that don't support it - and no other reason?

4. DigitalN

DigitalN Well-Known Member

Indeed, I guess the thinking there on cPanels behalf is to try to prevent folks installing it with easyapache and then turning around to cPanel support afterwards and complaining that it broke some clients scripts and there was no warning that it might do so :p
    Also the installer may not be perfected and it may not be considered to be stable.
    I'm sure that happens.

5. cbn_Noodles

cbn_Noodles Member

Thanks for your help Digital_N - perhaps this post should be made a sticky so everyone can see it clearer.