The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Php_auth

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ivaserver, Apr 11, 2004.

1. ivaserver

ivaserver Well-Known Member

Hi

How do i install PHP_AUTH

Thanks

2. ivaserver

ivaserver Well-Known Member

No one know the answer to this question?

3. bamasbest

bamasbest Well-Known Member

If you are running php as an apache module, then all of the PHP_AUTH functions are available to you. Just refer to php documentation http://www.php.net and you will be provided with the approriate details for authenticating users with your php scripts:)

4. JanusPaul

JanusPaul Member

If cPanel's package update creators could just get off their asses and add a complete PHP 5.0.0 update into their packages, then this PHP_AUTH_* variable bug would be fixed. PHP.net's creators confirmed PHP 5.0.0 in this area is fixed! I would just install PHP 5.0.0 manually over the existing system, but then I run the issue of screwing up cPanel's grip on things, or if successful, when cPanel runs it's update, it'll "downgrade" PHP back to it's "standard" version.

Either way, tis a loss!

[CORRECTION]

I tried upgrading manually, alot of key/core GCC files are "broken" or do not exist. Things cPanel should include (how odd!!). Tried installing a PHP 4.3.8 RPM, again with no luck. It's almost like cPanel just wants us to be screwed living in the dark ages with ANCIENT VERSIONS OF PHP!

#4 JanusPaul, Aug 2, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2004