The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHPBB Board

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UKViking, Feb 5, 2004.

1. UKViking

UKViking Member

I am a user of Cpanel. I for some reason, when I click to install the PHPBB bulletin board it doesnt actually install it. I tells me it has installed it and created a folder, and gives me the link, but in actual fact it hasnt installed anything or created any SQL databases.

I contacted my ISP and they updated it from Cpanel 6 to Cpanel X, but it hasnt helped. The same thing happens.

Any ideas?

I asked my ISP to try it, as they didnt believe me!

2. UKViking

UKViking Member

forgot to mention that it did actually work the first 3 times i installed a forum. I was just messing around and learning the ropes. but now it doesnt work any more.

3. mrbshouse

mrbshouse Registered

same here

came here looking for the answer to your question for myself...just switched to a new host and I know it's as easy as naming the folder and bada bing there you are...not this time

gonas search some more... did you ever get your bboard figured out?

B;-)ing

B

4. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

Do you have any available databases for it to install. If your first three attempts used up all your databases, then it is not going to work until you go delete the databases that your first three installs created.

5. UKViking

UKViking Member

yup i deleted them and it still didnt work. Anyway ,I think my host has installed an update because it works fine now.

6. mrbshouse

mrbshouse Registered

it seems that there are a few post on this issue and that it has something to do with having an unlimited number of dbs which i don't completely understand. Do a search for bulletin board here in the forum and you will find a few other threads which seem to have been resolved (seems like its a bug in phpbb if i understand it correctly)

B;-)ing :cool:

#6 mrbshouse, Feb 22, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2004