Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

phpBB : Database Critical Error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nexthost, Aug 21, 2003.

1. nexthost

nexthost Active Member

I read the other phpBB threads, but it seems like those problems aren't centered around the database issue, as well as that install bug hasn't been fixed yet.

I just updated to the latest cpanel to see if this would fix it:
    WHM 7.4.2 cPanel 7.4.2-E111

My databases in the install of PHPbb seem to be the source of the problems. I had installed the phpBB over a week ago and it was working fine. Now, when i even go to cpanel it states 1. The main cpanel theme doesn't get loaded to /frontend/x/index.html and has to manually do the (The Document has moved here)

When i go directly to the phpBB, I get

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Also, I have checked my system and the databases are running fine, but in the cpanel screen I get this error in the database section:
    DBI connect('mysql:localhost','root',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 42 ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) 0 / unlimited

I have restarted mysql, etc and I can't think of any more options to try ... any suggestions?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: 21551

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. simplybe

simplybe Well-Known Member

check that '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' is there sometimes it is missing.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: