The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHPbb update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by atomjax, Apr 26, 2005.

1. atomjax

atomjax Member

How do I update phpbb? When I view the addon scripts in WHM phpbb does not even show up. But in the users cpanel it shows up as a addon script. How can I manually update this?

Thanks

P-K

2. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In WHM under the cPanel section there is an option to "Addon Modules". Enable the "addonupdate/Script Manager" and then under "WHM Add-ons" you should see "Addon Script Manager" which will currently allow you to configure updates for Advanced Guest Book and phpBB.

3. atomjax

atomjax Member

Thanks for the reply. I am running the release version and did a upcp update to the current relase and it looks like it updated the phpbb. Under the addon scripts I now see phpbb and it states that it is version:

Installed Version: 2.0.13-1.0
    Version: 2.0.13-1.0

So does this automaticly update users versions of phpbb? How can I make sure that current phpbb users have a good version?

Thank You

P-K

4. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    No they are not automatically upgraded and you can check for installations by clicking on WHM > Addon Script Manager > Highlight Packages that have outdated installations