The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phpBB updates/security

Discussion in 'Security' started by MikeHihn, Apr 17, 2005.

1. MikeHihn

MikeHihn Active Member

On Friday (4/15/2005), phpBB announced a new version, 2.0.14. I can download it for myself, but how long does it take for such updates to become available to my customers in CPanel? It is not available now, and I did run backend updates within WHM and command line.

(My server was recently hacked, and I'm told they came in through an old-version bbs. So I want to advise my customers whenever updates become available. Also, is there anything other than bbs updates I should be monitoring for security purposes?)

Thanks,

2. johny_gjx

johny_gjx Active Member

this is a big downfall to using fantastico for installing phpbb, I don't think a day comes that users can update their boards through cpanel right on time, the best thing to do might be writing tutorials about phpbb upgrade and making it available to users through forums or something like a knowledge base.

3. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

This is why it is extremely important to keep your server secure. With the right methods the exploited phpBB forums will only effect their site. That we offer free upgrades to our customers where we will do it by hand for everyone that requests. It is a bit of work, but easier than finding a good backup of their account.

4. Hostexc

Hostexc Registered

When will cpanel update the scripts, so we can update them in whm

5. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

It usually takes a few days for them to push out the new updates.