The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phpCOIN- anyone used it?

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by morpheous, Jan 4, 2005.

1. morpheous

morpheous Member

Hi,

I've been looking at client management options, and noticed phpCOIN.

It has WHM integration, it looks nice, and (Most importantly), it's free.

I know that if I needed utmost stability i'd get Modernbill with installation service... but i'm on a tight budget ;)

I'm running a single site on the server at the moment, which is a forum, 30 users or so. Chaos if it goes down, so... would phpCOIN crash it?

I know, sounds like a newbie question, but has anyone here used it, is it reliable, and how is the integration? Screenshots would rock :)

Would test it on another server... but like I said, tight budget.

Many Thanks,
    Morph

2. dezignguy

dezignguy Well-Known Member

I use it. I like it. I don't use it with WHM though.
    I was doing my billing manually, with a spreadsheet and that was killing me... so it's handy having it automated.

Umm, I don't see any reason (other than incompetence) why running another script like phpcoin would break anything else... but I don't know your admin skill so it's possible that you could prove me wrong. Unfortunately, just that you would ask that question, seems that you don't really know what you're doing. So hire someone who knows what they're doing if you don't want to risk breaking things. Or do a test run on another server, or maybe another account.

It's fairly reliable, and seems to work as intended... you do have to keep on top of the updates and fixes... just like everything else though.

Note that the new phpcoin will not be free (except for 10 clients or less)... but there's not really any reason that you couldn't run it for at least a few years, and maybe there'll be another option after that.

3. morpheous

morpheous Member

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm just overparanoid, not incompetent :) i've been working with *nix for about 6 years now, but I haven't used WHM much.

And yeah, I noticed the new one is pay-for-client, but i'll probably move to ModernBill if I get more than 10 clients :)

Thanks anyhow. I'll install it now :)

4. raventec

raventec Well-Known Member

I've got a reseller that is using it successfully and she loves it. It's never caused any problems. There's a good couple hundred accounts on that machine if I remember correctly. Good luck with it. I know setting it up took her a while, but she got there.

5. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    as for a start-up; phpcoin is always the best deal.. since it is free. Once u start to get big; u need to move to something else. But i can assure you that there are many who uses phpcoin very successfully.