The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHPhMyAdmin error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thewebhosting, Jul 8, 2008.

1. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

Hi,

I am getting the below each time after running upcp:

-------------------------
    Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: SQLite: failed to open/create session database `/var/cpanel/userhomes/cpanelphpmyadmin/sessions/phpsess.sdb' - unable to open database: /var/cpanel/userhomes/cpanelphpmyadmin/sessions/phpsess.sdb in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries/session.inc.php on line 86

Fatal error: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Failed to initialize storage module: sqlite (path: /var/cpanel/userhomes/cpanelphpmyadmin/sessions/phpsess.sdb) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries/session.inc.php on line 86
    ----------------------------

I have to manually edit /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/etc/phpmyadmin/php.ini file as follow:

===
    session.save_handler = sqlite
    session.save_path =/var/cpanel/userhomes/cpanelphpmyadmin/sessions/phpsess.sdb
    ====

Replace to

===
    session.save_handler = files
    session.save_path = /tmp
    ===

Is there any way to fix this permanently to fix problem so that I do not need to edit php.ini each time.

Thanks,

2. viraj

viraj Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    You can chattr the file so that it doesn't get changed everytime..