phpinfo disabled but it's not in disable_functions

smatt

Active Member
Apr 28, 2016
26
2
3
london
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi all,

I've removed phpinfo from the disable_functions in the php.ini file (done through WHM's PHP config editor).

I go to the phpinfo page but it still says it's disabled. I restarted Apache, no change. I rebooted the server, no change. phpinfo is not listed in disable_functions (after reboot). Is there another setting somewhere to enable/disable this?

And on a related note but different note, I'm a little confused as to what should be in the disable_functions list. Most guides/tutorials say to put ini_set in there, but then common CMSs like Drupal won't work. Enable it on a per account basis, or for just within their own environment without opening a security risk?

Any help on either appreciated.
 

Bdzzld

Well-Known Member
Apr 3, 2004
412
5
168
Did you disable it in the correct php.ini file? Please check phpinfo() for the exact location of that file.
 

smatt

Active Member
Apr 28, 2016
26
2
3
london
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I can't check phpinfo(), it is disabled...!

I'm trying to enable it. I removed it from disable_functions using WHM's PHP Configuration Editor. Verified the change was saved on CLI with grep phpinfo /usr/local/lib/php.ini - no result.
 

Bdzzld

Well-Known Member
Apr 3, 2004
412
5
168
Sorry smatt, I thought it was the other way around. php.ini is usually located @ /usr/local/lib/
 

Bdzzld

Well-Known Member
Apr 3, 2004
412
5
168
You may need to view the php.ini file manually (via vi or pico) to see if it's actually overwritten. Sometimes there are multiple lines of disabled_functions
 

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
47,904
2,218
463
I'm happy to see the issue is now resolved. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.