The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHPMailer SMTP Authentication Between Domains Hosteed on Same WHM Server

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by esse, Sep 11, 2012.

1. esse

esse Member

In a nutshell. I need to one virtual domain using a phpMailer based script to have the ability to logon via SMTP with the other virtual domains on my dedicated server.

I have a centralized mail center on a virtual domain and I need to be able to use DKIM authentication as well as the IP address associated with each of the virtual domains that use it.

I am not worried about cross domain security, since I manage all the domains.

Is there a security tweak or setting I can more or module I can install that will permit this functionality.

Thank's in advance for any information provided.

#1 esse, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  2. esse

esse Member

Re: PHPMailer SMTP Authentication Between Domains Hosteed on Same WHM Serve

I was able to resolve this issue by switching from Courier to Dovecot. I kept getting the following error with Courier.

2012-09-10 21:23:43 courier_login authenticator failed for sender.domain (www.source.domain) [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]:58615: 435 Unable to authenticate at present (set_id=username target.domain): socket read timed out inside "and{...}" condition

Server Info:

WHM 11.32.4 (build 14)
    CENTOS 5.8 i686 standard
    Dovecot
    Apache 2.2.22
    PHP 5.2.9 (Zend Optimizer Required)

#2 esse, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012