The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phpmyadmin 2.5.6

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by DN-Paul, May 1, 2004.

1. DN-Paul

DN-Paul Well-Known Member

When is cpanel going to use the release version of 2.5.6 rather than rc1 (which has some annoying bugs and a hole)?

Is there any way to perform the update myself without it getting overwritten next time I do a cpanel update?

2. BeerUser

BeerUser Active Member

Same thing I wanted to know and ask also. Mind reader you are.

3. LP-Trel

LP-Trel Well-Known Member

The following is a crude guide on how to update phpMyAdmin in cPanel. It may be copied/edited etcetera under the terms of the GNU GPL license Version 2 or later.

---------------------------------

You may need to chattr the directory to keep cPanel from overrighting your changes but, upgrading it is fairly simple.

You will need to know how to use SSH to do this and this is only a sketchy guide on how to upgrade it. This is written for FreeBSD but, the commands should be the same or similar for Linux.

First browse to the /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty directory and cp -R phpMyAdmin phpMyAdmin.old

Verify you have indeed backed up the phpMyAdmin directory, you will need it later!

Now fetch the 2.5.6 of phpMyAdmin from here http://aleron.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/phpmyadmin/phpMyAdmin-2.5.6.tar.gz and untar.

*MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BACKED UP THE ORIGINAL PHPMYADMIN DIRECTORY BEFORE GOING FORWARD*

Delete the phpMyAdmin directory and rename phpMyAdmin-2.5.6 to phpMyAdmin.

Next go into the phpMyAdmin.old and copy the config.inc.php into the new phpMyAdmin directory.

Now phpMyAdmin is going to give a warning to all users that PHP 4.2.3 has serious string errors and that you shold upgrade in big bold red letters. To turn this off do the following.

Go into the new phpMyAdmin directory and open main.php and search for the line "Warning for PHP 4.2.3"

Under that line you will see:

Change that to:

Save it and test what you have done. If you get any errors you made a mistake. Go back and fix it. ;)

Enjoy! :D

4. DN-Paul

DN-Paul Well-Known Member

5. dasher

dasher Member

Is it wise to remove the warning?
    The version of PHP being used DOES have a problem.

Is there any way to get phpMyAdmin to use a later verson of PHP on the box?
    I have it installed but it still appears to be using the earlier version - that I guess cPanel is using.

Dasher