The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phpMyAdmin - Access Denied only for user

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by niatech, Aug 4, 2005.

1. niatech

niatech Well-Known Member

Hello,

On my backup server, just a couple days ago I cannot get into phpMyAdmin from a users' cpanel account. I can login fine as root, have reset the root password and tried a number of other solutions in this forum.

I have even deleted the hosting account and re-created it, still cannot get in via this users' cpanel!?

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks!

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You should do a search for phpmyadmin access denied as the problem has been discussed many times in the past.

3. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Incidentally, though, I recently had a similar problem where phpMyAdmin from root WHM worked fine but phpMyAdmin from Cpanel (when correctly logged in as a user) did not allow access - it just popped up an auth box that would not go away regardless of what was entered.

It turned out that the system user "cpanel"'s gid had been changed from the cpanel gid to the wheel gid and changing it back resolved the issue.

4. niatech

niatech Well-Known Member

Ok, I solved my problem. Thanks guys.

For those who are interested, I tried a number of things but they didn't work. Here is what I did:

1. Reset MySQL Root Password (didn't work)
    2. Restarted MySQL via WHM (didn't work)
    3. Deleted and Recreated the hosting account (didn't work)
    4. Removed quotes from root's .my.cnf and ran FLUSH PRIVILEGES (didn't work)
    5. Restarted MySQL from the commandline (worked)

Not sure if it was the last item or a combination of the above, but it now works. Hopefully this helps someone else out.

5. nettrics

nettrics Member

all i did to fix this was set the mysql root password to the same as the root password and reboot... worked for me