The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phpMyAdmin and Database User Problems

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by claytoncl, Apr 24, 2009.

1. claytoncl

claytoncl Registered

Hey folks,

Using cPanel and phpMyAdmin to try and organize a MySQL database on a rented server (all the software came packaged together with the hosting package). I've created a database, and a user for it via the cPanel Database tool, but I run into problems when trying to use phpMyAdmin.

First of all, phpMyAdmin gives me no prompt for a username. It always logs me in as the root user (i.e my cPanel username), which by default has NO permissions to do anything in MySQL.

Whenever I try log out it gives me the following:

"Wrong username/password. Access denied."

I've searched around and I'm told that this is standard behavior for phpMyAdmin and that you can simply restart the browser and it'll let you log in fresh. I have done so; and also tried clearing the cookies. Problem is, whenever I log back into cPanel, it seems to log in to phpMyAdmin automatically with that same useless username.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

2. claytoncl

claytoncl Registered

Heh. Never mind, folks. You can lock/delete this thread. My mistake was a simple one: in the SQL script files I was trying to import, I had the database name wrong. This is why it was saying I didn't have any permissions; I was trying to put tables in a database that didn't exist. :eek:

Sorry, all!