The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phpmyadmin asking for login info??

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by steel rat, Jan 2, 2005.

1. steel rat

steel rat Active Member

Any idea why phpmyadmin would be asking for an id and password when connecting from cpanel? Never had this happen on the old reseller account I used to have. But on my dedicated server it's happening on every domain I try to setup.

Please be specific with any advice, I'm new to linux.

Thanks!

2. steel rat

steel rat Active Member

Any ideas out there? It's really driving me nuts.

3. brentp

brentp Well-Known Member

I've got a question, why are you buying a dedicated box if you dont know what your doing. I know someone who was managing the old box i used to, i told him to delete my files (rm -rf /home/r00t/public_html) and then a few minutes later he said "google said that rm means delete". Its those sort of people that should not be buying servers. For some people its just "$50 more dollars and i can get a dedicated server", it should be like "when i get EXPERIENCE and the extra $50 i will get a dedicated server". Try upcp --force ing.

Regards,
    Brent

4. fusioncroc

fusioncroc Well-Known Member

if upcp--force dont work try resetting the mysql root password or if you have'nt set one set one

that seems to fix it most of the time

5. steel rat

steel rat Active Member

This really doesn't help my situation. And the reason is because I was tired of going from host to host with totally crap support. The last one had all my domains down for days on end with their purported "unrivaled support". That's why. I can learn, and that's what I'm trying to do. I've bought a bunch of books to help, but it takes time. We all start somewhere, right?

6. steel rat

steel rat Active Member

Thanks Fusion. I did set a MySQL root password when I originally started having the problem.

What is upcp? I don't see it in the indices of any of the books I bought (Linux/Apache books). Is it unique to Cpanel?

Thanks

7. steel rat

steel rat Active Member

FYI, this problem was corrected this morning by CPanel support. I still need to find out what they did, and will post here once I have that.

8. steel rat

steel rat Active Member

Well, Cpanel support said they didn't change anything, that it was working when they logged in. I don't like things that fix for no apparent reason. It means they could just as easily break again for no apparent reason. Upcp hadn't run yet either, so that couldn't have been it...

Oh well.