The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phpMyAdmin authentication failure from cpanel

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by webignition, Jul 28, 2005.

1. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

WHM/CPanel: 10.4.0-C160
    MySQL: 4.0.25
    PHP: 4.3.11

phpMyAdmin is working fine from root WHM.

phpMyAdmin is not working fine from Cpanel. When visiting Cpanel > MySQL Databases > phpMyAdmin, a login box pops up that is identical to the one that pops up when logging into Cpanel:

'Enter username and password for "cPanel" at https://hostname:2083/'

Entering the logged in user's username and password, or indeed any valid username and password combination, fails to get past the login box.

I have tried resetting the MySQL root password from WHM as this is a solution that I've noticed pops up quite frequently as a solution to similar problems.

I've also tried /scripts/upcp to no avail.

If it is at all related, a similar type of problem occurs for Horde. Its possible to visit webmail fine and enter Neomail or Squirrel Mail, however visiting webmail and trying to enter Horde causes the webmail login box to pop up which will also not accept any valid details.

Any suggestions for where to start with the phpMyAdmin issue would be greatly appreciated. The Horde issue is not too important as Horde is not really used whereas phpMyAdmin is.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

The only time I've seen something similar is if you login to a users cPanel account through WHM (or your root password is the same as the cPanel password) then it won't work. Are you logging in using the cPanel username and password (where the password != root)? If so, then I'd try a:

/scripts/upcp --force

If that doesn't fix it, I'd log it with cPanel unless anyone else has any ideas.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

4. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

In the cases where I've tested this, I'm logging into cPanel directly using the relevant account's username and password and not going directly from WHM.

I'm trying a upcp --force right now to see if this will sort out the issue and will then go for a reboot if things still aren't playing fair.