The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHPMyAdmin blank screen after logging in

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by jdowen, Sep 30, 2014.

1. jdowen

jdowen Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    When accessing PHPMyAdmin in one of the cPanel accounts on our VPS - it prompts us to login again on the PHPMyAdmin login screen (which also has no frame, CSS assets, etc). I enter my login details and it takes me to a blank screen. So I can't access PHPMyAdmin to do work on live websites. Also, when clicking on the MySQL databases option in cPanel (to create a new database for etc) it says "The MySQL server is currently offline." and the following error shows up:

Code:
    Error while connecting to MySQL: Cpanel::DBI::Mysql connect('','root',...) failed: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/MysqlUtils/Connect.pm line 136 Error while connecting to MySQL: Cpanel::DBI::Mysql connect('','root',...) failed: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/MysqlUtils/Connect.pm line 136 ...caught
    I have also attempted signing into MySQL via command line to flush privileges, etc - but it says access is denied for the root user.

I'm not sure why this is happening. MySQL is working perfectly fine on the frontend all websites are still functional.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Please check to see if the following file exists under the account:

/home/$username/.my.cnf

If so, please remove this file to see if the issue persists. Or, update the account password using:

"WHM Home » Account Functions » Password Modification"

This will sync the account password with the MySQL password for the user.

Thank you.

3. jdowen

jdowen Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi there,

Thank you for your reply.

I've tried both of them and the error still persists.

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  5. jdowen

jdowen Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I tried to do that and got the following:

MySQL password change failed!!
    A forced reset will now be attempted.
    Attempting MySQL Root Password Reset
    Waiting for mysql to restart.....finished.

mysqld_safe (/bin/sh /usr/bin/mysqld_safe --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --pid-file=/var/lib/mysql/677137.vps-10.com.pid) running as root with PID 17834 (process table check method)
    mysqld (/usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/usr --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --plugin-dir=/usr/lib64/mysql/plugin --user=mysql --log-error=/var/lib/mysql/677137.vps-10.com.err --pid-file=/var/lib/mysql/677137.vps-10.com.pid) running as mysql with PID 17985 (pidfile check method)

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It looks like the forced MySQL root password reset completed successfully. Does the issue with phpMyAdmin persist? If so, please open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

7. jdowen

jdowen Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Well when I enter login details on PHPMyAdmin, it takes me to a blank page. I then refresh the page then I'm signed in - so I can live with that.

But I cannot create any new MySQL databases as it comes up the the error in my first post in this thread. I've tried resetting the password. What else can you suggest?

8. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.