The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phpmyadmin broken

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by will_raymo2000, Jun 18, 2007.

1. will_raymo2000

When going into WHM with root it goes into it and loads very very very slowly.. however when going into it through the client side from cpanel it comes up with error messages:

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: open(/tmp/sess_78d177b63b0a6a40dd495c197466ec3a, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php on line 44

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php on line 44

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php:44) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php on line 101

Any ideas chaps?

Thanks,
    Will

2. ckh

ckh Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I get that every so often also. I've found that it's caused by not logging out of a phpmyadmin session, just closing a window and going back to it. It leaves the session in the /tmp directory and will stay there until it's deleted by the server. I believe it uses a new session each day so you'd be able to log in the following day but if you don't log out, the session is already in the /tmp directory so you can't log in again.

You can log in and delete the session manually in the /tmp directory. This will allow you to log in once again right away.