phpMyAdmin cannot upload or import databases.

furtif

Aug 17, 2008
Hello,

Sorry for my english.

I have a problem with phpMyAdmin during import of sql files.

In fact, i have this error message when i start the import.

"Aucune données n'a été reçu en vue de l'importation. Aucun nom de fichier n'a été fourni, ou encore la taille du fichier a dépassé la limite permise par votre configuration de PHP. "

In english, i thinks is :
"No data has been received for import. No filename
has been provided, or the file size exceeded the limit
by your PHP configuration."

But, my php configuration accept a size file of 50m.

Please, do you have any solution for this problem ?

Thanks a lot

furtif

Aug 17, 2008
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I have look into this configuration file, but i don't thinks that is the origin of problem.

Code:
file_uploads    = On                            ; Whether to allow HTTP file uploads
upload_tmp_dir  = /tmp                  ; temporary directory for HTTP uploaded files (will use system default if not specified)
upload_max_filesize = 128M

Code:
post_max_size = 128M
My sql file take 8ko.

Do you have an other idea for this problem ?

Thanks a lot

bamm

Feb 24, 2003
same issue here

Did you ever figure this out?

I'm having the same issue. The file I'm trying to import is only 402kb and the post max size in php.ini is set to 8mb

Thanks for any help.

Graywolfie

Oct 14, 2004
This same issue began for me today also. I import a csv file daily. It did not work today and resulted in the error. I tried the same file that worked yesterday and it also did not work.

Increasing values in the php.ini file has no positive effect.

A separate thrid party program for managing MySQL databases allowed the file to be imported without issue.

The problem must be with a very recent change to cPanel/phpMyAdmin.

Looking forward to a fix.

(EDIT) FYI - the file in question is only 276KB. The process has worked fine for nearly 2 years. Something broke...

Maat

Registered
Dec 18, 2007
Problem solved for me

Hello all,

I had the same problem today : with the root password, no problem to import a file in PhpMyAdmin but error when trying with a user password.

I solved the problem changing the line in the file /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/etc/phpmyadmin/php.ini :

"; upload_tmp_dir ="
TO
"upload_tmp_dir = /tmp"

Reactions: mohit

Graywolfie

Oct 14, 2004
Making this change in the php.ini file did not work for me. Also, import does not work whether logged in as root or not.

Any other suggestions?

(EDIT) - I should clarify; I modified the file located at /usr/local/lib and then restarted apache. The change shows up in the phpinfo script located on the domain in question. Should I attempt to modifiy the file listed above? and if so, will the changes stick?

Last edited:

mohit

Jul 12, 2005
Sticky On Internet
Thanks, Maat, you solved my problem.

Graywolfie, you need to edit the php.ini file which is used for phpmyadmin
as said by Maat.

pico /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/etc/phpmyadmin/php.ini

Maat

Registered
Dec 18, 2007
Hello all,

The problem is here again after the Cpanel update. I just contact the Cpanel Support....
I'll keep you informed.

Graywolfie

Oct 14, 2004
Thanks Maat and Mohit for the advice. Since I currently have a workaround I'll monitor the comments here.

It will be better to have a proper fix than a band-aid on the issue. Anyone who wants to use the import option should not need to edit the php.ini file first. Whatever broke it in the first place needs to be undone.

I'm just happy to know it wasn't just me having the issue. ;)

Maat

Registered
Dec 18, 2007
I had an answer from Cpanel support :

- Edit the file as said in my previous post
- Run "/scripts/makecpphp" to fix the php.ini
- Try a "/scripts/upcp" to test if the file is still correct after the update

That should do it.

eastitaly

Feb 18, 2010
Maat's latest post seems to solve the problem for me [ tested on cPanel 11.25.0-R43471 (RELEASE tree) ]

cPanelGregK

Sep 8, 2006
phpMyAdmin Upload Issue

We are aware of an issue where uploads of sql dumps via phpMyAdmin are failing, due to the lack of a setting for upload_tmp_dir.

To correct ths issue, edit /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/etc/phpmyadmin/php.ini and change

Code:
 'upload_tmp_dir '
to

Code:
'upload_tmp_dir  = /tmp '

macrunning

Feb 19, 2010
cPanel Update Issue

Yesterday there were some cPanel updates to our servers and we have been told by our hosting company that the cPanel updates are causing a problem with us not being able to upload/update our databases using phpmyadmin within the individual domains. We need to be able to upload our sql statements for our websites on a daily basis. This has never been an issue in the more than 5 years I have been with my hosting company or using the whm/cpanel setup.

When we try to upload our sql statement thru the phpmyadmin for a particular website we get the following message:
""No data was received to import. Either no file name was submitted, or the file size exceeded the maximum size permitted by your PHP configuration.""

I have checked the php ini file in whm and everything appears fine. By the way, we have not changed anything previous to this problem. We can log in thru whm to update the databases with our sql files but this is not a good solution for us. We have written automation scripts which update the databases on individual domains that sit on this server regularly. We have 2 dedicated servers as well that are both affected by this problem.

Our hosting company is telling us that cPanel will look into the matter. I would appreciate it if cPanel would look into this bug and provide an ETA on this as we need to update many databases on many different websites.

cPanel if you require more information from us on this issue please let us know. Thank you.

thufael

Registered
Feb 8, 2008
Bangalore,India
cPanel Bug with phpmyadmin

I've found a fix for this

Edit the php.ini file of phpmyadmin, ie /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/etc/phpmyadmin/php.ini and edit the section which says

upload_tmp_dir

change it to

upload_tmp_dir = /tmp

It works like a charm.

rageracer

Feb 19, 2010
phpMyAdmin 3.2.4 import error after cPanel Upgrade

No data was received to import. Either no file name was submitted, or the file size exceeded the maximum size permitted by your PHP configuration. See FAQ 1.16.
Checked everything in FAQ 1.16 and all is set OK.

post_max_size 8M
memory_limit 32M
upload_max_filesize 2M

upload_tmp_dir /tmp

What the heck happened? :(