phpMyAdmin error: Wrong username/password. Access denied.

irchs

Jun 3, 2004
I get

Wrong username/password. Access denied.

Everytime I try and access phpmyadmin through CPanel, AND through WHM as root. WHM is at version EDGE 151, and x86_64, the only thing I have done of note today is update to PHP 5.0.4 on the server.

Thanks

Jan

StevenC

Jan 1, 2004

irchs

Jun 3, 2004
MySQL Version is 4.1.10a-standard

When I type mysql in a shell, it comes up with the MySQL prompt all fine and dandy with no errors or warnings.

Restarting MySQL had no effect. I must admit, the timing of this error did co-incide with me upgrading PHP to 5.0.4, and MySQL 4.1.10a was only installed recently also.

Any ideas at all?!

Thanks

Jan

irchs

Jun 3, 2004
Some more info...

I can installed phpmyadmin fine into a user directory, and run it via a website fine. Absolutely no problems whatsoever.

It's just in CPanel/WHM, for all users (Including the phpMyAdmin link in WHM when logged in as root).

Thanks

Jan

LP-Trel

Oct 13, 2003
Nirvana
irchs said:
MySQL Version is 4.1.10a-standard

When I type mysql in a shell, it comes up with the MySQL prompt all fine and dandy with no errors or warnings.

Restarting MySQL had no effect. I must admit, the timing of this error did co-incide with me upgrading PHP to 5.0.4, and MySQL 4.1.10a was only installed recently also.

Any ideas at all?!

Thanks

Jan
Run /scripts/makecpphp

That will fix your error. :cool:

irchs

Jun 3, 2004
Resetting the MySQL root had no effect, I will try doing the makecpphp soon, having problems with it finding my IMAP installation (CentOS 4.0 :))

Thanks

Jan