The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phpMyAdmin - Error

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by GeekPatrolMille, Nov 8, 2004.

1. GeekPatrolMille

GeekPatrolMille Well-Known Member

I get the following from every direction I have tried to access the phpMyAdmin:

phpMyAdmin - Error
    phpMyAdmin was unable to read your configuration file!
    This might happen if php finds a parse error in it or php cannot find the file.
    Please call the configuration file directly using the link below and read the php error message(s) that you receive. In most cases a quote or a semicolon is missing somewhere.
    If you receive a blank page, everything is fine.

config.inc.php

This includes from WHM as a Domain or IP as well as from a user cPanel session, again either by the domain name or IP address. The config.inc.php comes out with a blank page which is the expected result.

This began either today or yesterday... Any one have ideas how to fix? Any help is greatly appreciated.

-greg

2. GeekPatrolMille

The config.inc.php file is zero bytes long... Can anyone please post a Stable or Release version of this file to be used as a drop in replacement. I have tried several attempts to update in hopes it would resolve but that is not working.

Thank you,
    -greg

3. LP-Trel

LP-Trel Well-Known Member

Try running /scripts/upcp --force

4. GeekPatrolMille

3 times this past week I have come in to find phpMyAdmin unable to find a config file and upon closer inspection have found the config.inc.php file at zero(0) bytes in size. I found a mention of copying the config.inc.php.in over the zero byte file and then editing the file so it has the correct root username and password for mySQL.
    This works until the next update to the phpMyAdmin application when it goes back to the same problem.

I tried the /scripts/upcp --force suggestion which did not solve the problem

Here is a shortened listing of files showing the zero byte file config.inc.php

-rwx------ 1 cpanel cpanel 37880 Nov 8 21:32 config.default.php*
    -rwx------ 1 cpanel cpanel 132 Nov 8 21:31 config.footer.inc.php*
    -rwx------ 1 cpanel cpanel 132 Nov 8 21:31 config.header.inc.php*
    -rwx------ 1 cpanel cpanel 0 Nov 13 11:05 config.inc.php*
    -rwx------ 1 cpanel cpanel 38109 Nov 8 21:32 config.inc.php.in*

Holy Moly... what is going on with this... Anyone??? Thank you for any assistance here

5. GeekPatrolMille

UPDATE***

On a whim, I rm'd the config.inc.php file and re-ran the /scripts/upcp --force to see if it would replace the file because it was missing.

The result was the file was re-created but still as zero bytes long. It is like the file is being created but something is causing it to not be modified.

Where would I look to find the update script that handles the phpMyAdmin stuff. I am not certain what I will find but I am willing to dig through it.

Anyone...Ideas???

6. sv1

sv1 Well-Known Member

Anyone? We are having this problem also.

7. GeekPatrolMille

I went for about a month with no problems and thought it was fixed, although, nothing was specifically done to try to correct the issue. Then out of left field it happend twice this week.

8. jonathanalia

jonathanalia Member
    PartnerNOC

I have this problem too, any solution?

9. GeekPatrolMille

Was never able to find a true fix but it has not happened in a very long time now...

I did create a work around which works for me. I created a small script which contains these lines:

cp /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/config.inc.php.in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/config.inc.php -f
    rpl -v __MYSQLHOST__ localhost /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/config.inc.php

When the problem pops up, I just fire this script off and everything is fine. I thought about trying to add it to a web page some place or somehow give access to the small group of users who always seem to be in phpMyAdmin every day so I do not have to check it every day.

GoodLuck...

10. jonathanalia

jonathanalia Member
    PartnerNOC

My solution:

mysql??use mysql;??update `user` set Create_tmp_table_priv = 'N', Lock_tables_priv = 'N' where user <> 'root';??flush privileges;??quit;