never2far

May 6, 2008
Hello,

I have a strange problem when I'm trying to export a small database using phpmyadmin. From my tests this problem occur only if I'll choose Compression.

Some info that can be useful:

- Database has 11.3 MB
- cPanel version - 11.36.0.14
- PhpMyAdmin Version information: 3.5.5

Steppes to reproduce this error:

- login on 2083 -> PhpMyAdmin
- Export
- Custom - display all possible options
- choose a database
- Save output to a file
- Compression: gzip (i have tried all and it's the same)
- Format: SQL
- press GO

BillyS

Mar 22, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Bump this.

I'm having the exact same issue as described by never2far.
You're not alone, upgraded to 11.36.014 last night, and can no longer export using gzipped.

Ironically, this is what I'm seeing too.

The database is around 12M uncompressed, 2M compressed.

I can export smaller databases, both compressed and uncompressed.

I cannot export the 12M database compressed.

I can export the 12M database uncompressed.

Not sure if the is related, but I also get a blank screen when I hit the "home" icon.

PHP version 5.3.22
mysql (5.1.68-cll)

This happens on Chrome, Firefox and IE 10.

Never saw this before the upgrade.

Bill

BillyS

Mar 22, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'll open a ticket in a day or two. Going to see if I can solve it first. In case someone else see this, the error in Chrome is given as:

cpsess1234567890/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/export.php

never2far

May 6, 2008
I'll open a ticket too ...this problem start to be annoying for the clients that use phpMyAdmin to export databases.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
am also having this issue. cpanel wheres the fix?
Please submit a support ticket so we can take a closer look and attempt to reproduce this issue. You can open a support ticket using the following URL:

Submit A Ticket

Let us know the ticket number and we can report back any findings to this thread.

Thank you.

BillyS

Mar 22, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
This appears to be a problem with phpmyadmin and IE10. The near term fix is to run in compatibility mode. Over the long term it looks like it will be fixed in phpmyadmin 4.0 or later.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
This appears to be a problem with phpmyadmin and IE10. The near term fix is to run in compatibility mode. Over the long term it looks like it will be fixed in phpmyadmin 4.0 or later.
Did you end up opening a support ticket for this issue? If so, could you let us know the ticket number?

Thank you.

BillyS

Mar 22, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Did you end up opening a support ticket for this issue? If so, could you let us know the ticket number?

Thank you.
I never did open up a support ticket, and for some reason, even running in compatibility mode doesn't work after a recent update to cPanel. I just export the data in an uncompressed manner now. If it's not fixed when phpMyAdmin 4.0 is moved into cPanel, I will open a ticket.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
The memory requirements can be higher for compressed actions with software such as PHPMyAdmin on CentOS 6.x. I have seen once instance where increasing the "Max cPanel Process Memory" via "WHM Home » Server Configuration » Tweak Settings" resolved a similar issue to what's been reported. I encourage anyone else experiencing this issue to open a support ticket and provide the ticket number here so we can report back any details that we find, and open an internal case if necessary.