The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phpMyAdmin login issue due to multiple domains?

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by brian47374, Apr 19, 2012.

1. brian47374

brian47374 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I created a database under a subdomain (addon) . So, I have mydomain1.com and I created mydomain2.com. I then go to MySQL databases and created a database called mydatabase1. Then when I go to phpMyAdmin I get the following message.

I don’t understand it. I click go back and it takes me right back to where I was. I don’t have another logon as far as I know. I need to change the charset and that is my primary reason for going to phpMyAdmin. Shouldn't I be able to modify the database, etc. through the primary domain for the addon domain?

If I logon to WHM root and go to phpMyAdmin it gives me a list of my databases that I have under another primary domain.

Any ideas of what to do? Can I not create databases in cPanel under each domain addon?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Brian

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You must be logged in as the cPanel user to manipulate that users Databases. If you're logging into WHM and then going to List Accounts and accessing this users cPanel in that way, it won't work. As root user you can do anything you like via phpMyAdmin in WHM though.

If you're logged in as the cPanel user and if that user has a Package set to his account that gives him access to create Databases then you should be able to create the Databases.

3. brian47374

brian47374 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for replying.

Now, I logged onto cPanel through my root account that gives me access to my two primary domains that I select in the dropdown box. My root account is the only account that is setup. Unless there’s something I don’t know about…

I’m going into cPanel as the “domain(root) user”. Then I’m selecting phpMyAdmin and I’m getting the error. I went to MySQL and created the database via cPanel and then went into phpMyAdmin via cPanel root user. That is when I got the root warning message that I provided in my original post.

When I logon to WHM and go to SQL Services and click on phpMyAdmin is when it shows one of the primary domains databases but not all of them on the server. That is, the new one that I created under another primary domain. Is there a phpMyAdmin setting in WHM that I’m missing that will allow me to access ALL databases?

I would have thought that as root I can modify anything at any time without assigning special privileges. But, I’m new to all of this… so I could be wrong.

4. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    There is no drop down box to jump between domains, for the normal cPanel user. That menu is shown to Reseller user and root user.

root and Reseller can own accounts, but you would never have a cPanel user named, root. just to clarify that.

The moment you jump between accounts using that menu, you are limited as to what you can do there. Only on a few things, but you did run into one, phpMyAdmin. But as mentioned, you can get around that by going in via WHM to phpMyAdmin instead.

IIRC, if you have a Reseller account and WHM access and permissions to get to phpMyAdmin via WHM, you'd only be able to see those accounts that you, the Reseller, owns. Don't quote me on that, I'd have to look myself to be sure.

5. brian47374

brian47374 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Alright, so, I put a ticket in because none of this is making sense. Their response is below.

However, when I go into modify accounts, I have two primary accounts. Myprimarydomain1.com and myprimarydomain2.com. I click on both of the accounts and BOTH of my users on WHM say root. How can I get the rights that I need in order to modify phpMyAdmin at the cPanel level and where do I do it at?

Actually, my cPanel is not called root, it is “myuser” that has “root” cPanel access I guess?

I go to edit a package and nothing is “strange” there. Basically everything is set as “unlimited” and feature list is “default”. Not much to really change in edit package.

Finally, I was able to see the new database I created under myprimarydomain1.com. However, it is not under a certain domain like myprimarydomain2.com has 8 databases under it. How is it that I can create a “header” and put databases under that as the person did who set my server up?

6. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    When you login to WHM, at top of page it says Logout (root) or it says Logout (yourReseller name here) Whats yours say?

When you go to this page in WHM:
    WHM > Account Information > List Accounts

you see all accounts listed. In last column to right, you see the name of who owns the account(s). But there's another column earlier in the list to the left titled Username.

So, you'd decide the account you want to login to, get that Username and go to: hisdomain.com/cpanel/ and login with that account's Username and that accounts Password. When you do you'll have full access to that user's phpMyAdmin.

I can't answer what someone else did or why you don't understand those changes or if they are right or not, I'm sorry.