liebn0r

Dec 7, 2017
USA
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I've installed phpMyAdmin before on non-cPanel server setups and I've noticed that there are some features missing in the WHM version:
  • Relation View: Internal relations
  • Table columns: Browser Display Transformation options
Is there any particular reason why these features are disabled in the WHM version of phpMyAdmin and is there any way to enable them?

Thanks!

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! I've been looking at this for a bit now, and found the instructions to set this up here:

I spoke with the database developers and it seems the additional configuration requirements are the reason this isn't included in cPanel by default. I also wasn't able to get this working after manually trying to setup the information using the link above on a cPanel system, so I don't have details on how to get those enabled.

liebn0r

Dec 7, 2017
USA
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
That link seems to suggest that $cfg['ZeroConf'] would be set to false, but I don't see that in the config.inc.php file? Do you know how they're accomplishing disabling these features?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Honestly I have no clue :D

I've put in a request with our MySQL developers to get some more details on this, and I've linked this thread internally to that case, so I'll provide you with an update as soon as I hear back. It can take a few days but I'll let you know!

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I heard back from our developers on this and these functions were removed as part of a change to ensure that anything that requires escalated privileges gets handled through cPanel interface tools and not directly through PHPMyAdmin. The way that you have to remove functions such as adding and deleting databases also causes those other tools to get removed from the interface.