The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phpMyAdmin: No tables found in database

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Acieke, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Acieke

Acieke Member

Hello folks,

I'm experiencing a annoying problem since the last few days. We don't know exactly when this started, nor what's causing it. But I have an idea though..
    When someone (can be root, can be a regular user; can be cPanel/WHM's phpMyAdmin, can be a custom installed one) opens up a database in phpMyAdmin, it says "No tables found in database." in the left column, we're not able to Browse, though we can view the structure.

We have several cPanel servers, and the two that suffer from this problem are both running MySQL-5.0.2-alpha. The server that does NOT suffer from this problem, is running 5.0.18.
    I checked a lot of scripts, and I manually checked the latest MySQL version with the link provided in /scripts/mysqlup; it says 5.0.21-0.

Output of mysqlup:
    MySQL Setup Script Version 7.0
    This is the MySQL installer for OS FreeBSD
    mysql-client-5.0 (5.0.2) is already installed.
    mysql-client-5.0 (5.0.2) is already installed.
    mysql-server-5.0 (5.0.2) is already installed.
    mysql-server-5.0 (5.0.2) is already installed.
    Install Complete

WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.2-S120 (just updated from RELEASE)
    FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE i386.

I haven't been able to figure out how to make cpanel upgrade mysql to at least a stable version, and I don't see how an alpha release could get there..

Any help on this issue really appreciated
    Frederic

2. Acieke

Acieke Member

One sidenote maybe: the working server runs FreeBSD 5.5 RELEASE.. However portage is indicating mysql50-server-5.0.22 as latest.

3. darkshadow604

darkshadow604 Active Member

I have exactly the same problem but on CentOS. I believe it is the phpMyAdmin version being different(older) from the old server that I transfered from. I tried everything but it still says No tables are found.

4. peterhoceo

peterhoceo Registered

Fixed!

We have same problem and have it fixed by updating cPanel to the latest EGDE version. :D

5. Acieke

Acieke Member

Well that didn't fix it. However, a cPanel engineer looked at it, and f*cked up the whole machine. cPanel showed a blank page and various things don't work anymore. We decided not to waste our energy anymore on it, and moved the accounts to another server (which was planned in future anyways..)
    Good luck everybody fixing it. The engineer just updated mysql from portage (i followed ps aux :)), which I didn't dare to do, and then did a upcp. Maybe he did some other things too but it should be worth testing if possible.
    So good luck :)

6. jeanie

jeanie Member
    PartnerNOC

We have this issue on a client's server, too. He is already running EDGE.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

7. Acieke

Acieke Member

Please read previous replys first.