Operating System & Version
CentOS 7.9
cPanel & WHM Version

martin MHC

Sep 14, 2016
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have PHPMyAdmin and it claims to be running PHP 7.3 . According to This thread it is because the System PHP level is 7.3 .

I am looking to remove PHP 7.3 from the system (EasyApache4) . Can I do this or do I need to wait for a WHM centralised update to update the system level PHP.

Note: The installed PHPs used with EasyApache are 7.3 , 7.4 , 8.0 and 8.1 I would be looking at uninstalling 7.3 but am unclear if this will impact WHM/Cpanel or PHPMyAdmin ?

If I can't update this myself is there any advisory on timescales for WHM/CPanel to use 7.4 or 8.0 PHP?

Thanks

To make it absolutely clear; thisis not about account level PHP . I am looking to uninstall EA4 PHP 7.3 and would like confirmation that this would not impact PHPMyAdmin (or anything else at above account level)

martin MHC

Sep 14, 2016
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
After a bit of consideration; I fully expect that removing PHP7.3 from EA4 will not effect PHPMyAdmin or anything else at sytem level but wanted to confirm this? The more I think about it the more certain I am that this is fine.

Last edited:

quietFinn

Feb 4, 2006
Finland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
After a bit of consideration; I fully expect that removing PHP7.3 from EA4 will not effect PHPMyAdmin or anything else at sytem level but wanted to confirm this? The more I think about it the more certain I am that this is fine.
It is fine, cPanel has it's own PHP.