The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phpMyAdmin problem

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by alexl, Feb 1, 2002.

1. alexl

alexl Member

When I changed default-character-set in MySQL from latin1 to koi8_ru, phpMyAdmin became unusable. It can\'t start and show this error message:
    \"MySQL Connection Failed: Can\'t initialize character set 7 (path: default)\"
    How can I fix this problem? I need both default-character-set=koi8_ru in MySQL and working phpMyAdmin.
    Thank\'s for your help.

2. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:120e3cfc47][i:120e3cfc47]Originally posted by alexl[/i:120e3cfc47]
    When I changed default-character-set in MySQL from latin1 to koi8_ru, phpMyAdmin became unusable. It can\'t start and show this error message:
    How can I fix this problem? I need both default-character-set=koi8_ru in MySQL and working phpMyAdmin.
    Thank\'s for your help.
    [/quote:120e3cfc47]

Do you actually have that charset installed on your server?

3. alexl

alexl Member

[quote:eced1989da][i:eced1989da]Originally posted by bdraco[/i:eced1989da]
    [quote:eced1989da][i:eced1989da]Originally posted by alexl[/i:eced1989da]
    Thank\'s for your help.
    [/quote:eced1989da]

Do you actually have that charset installed on your server? [/quote:eced1989da]

Yes. mysql -e \'show variables\' reports:
    character_set | koi8_ru
    character_sets | latin1 big5 czech euc_kr gb2312 gbk sjis tis620 ujis dec8 dos german1 hp8 koi8_ru latin2 swe7 usa7 cp1251 danish hebrew win1251 estonia hungarian koi8_ukr win1251ukr greek win1250 croat cp1257 latin5

and other php scripts work with mysql without any problems.

4. alexl

alexl Member

[quote:ee9cad3d68][i:ee9cad3d68]Originally posted by bdraco[/i:ee9cad3d68]

[quote:ee9cad3d68][i:ee9cad3d68]Originally posted by alexl[/i:ee9cad3d68]
    When I changed default-character-set in MySQL from latin1 to koi8_ru, phpMyAdmin became unusable. It can't start and show this error message:
    \&MySQL Connection Failed: Can't initialize character set 7 (path: default)\&
    Thank's for your help.
    [/quote:ee9cad3d68]

Do you actually have that charset installed on your server?[/quote:ee9cad3d68]

I found problem. Problem is in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php. It is statically compiled with libmysql which doesn't support koi8_ru charset. When I overwrote /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php with /usr/bin/php, phpMyAdmin began to work.
    But during upgrade cpanel again copy to /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php binary, which doesn't work with koi8_ru.
    How can I deny cpanel to overwrite some files during upgrade?
    Or please include in cpanel php binary, which can work with all charsets.

5. moronhead

moronhead Well-Known Member

This will lock the file 4ever:

chmod 0 thefileiwanttolock
    chattr +i thesamefile

To release for upgrades:

chattr -i lockedfile
    chmod xxx lockedfile

xxx = whatever it was before the file was locked.

I have some questions for you: :)

I noticed that the difference in file sizes between the two binaries seems to be quite large.
    Do you know what the differences are?
    Is it safe or even desirable to use /usr/bin/php instead of the current binary?
    Will /usr/bin/php work with any version of PHP?

6. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:e3bec132fe][i:e3bec132fe]Originally posted by moronhead[/i:e3bec132fe]

This will lock the file 4ever:

chmod 0 thefileiwanttolock
    chattr +i thesamefile

To release for upgrades:

chattr -i lockedfile
    chmod xxx lockedfile

xxx = whatever it was before the file was locked.

I have some questions for you: :)

I noticed that the difference in file sizes between the two binaries seems to be quite large.
    Do you know what the differences are?
    Is it safe or even desirable to use /usr/bin/php instead of the current binary?
    Will /usr/bin/php work with any version of PHP?[/quote:e3bec132fe]

Don't replace the php with cpanel you will end up creating problems down the road..

7. slfloat

slfloat Member

We are very need resolve this problem

Dear bdraco!

We are very need help in the resolving of this problem with PHPMyadmin. Every day our customers ask me when phpmyadmin will be working (now we hev near 40 users).

You are rigth about problem - when I edit tables I receive a warning message:

Warning: stat failed for ./sql.php?lang=ru-win1251&server=1&db=eforum_maindata&table=maindata&pos=0&sql_query=SELECT+%60idff%60%2C%60name%60%2C%60forumname%60%2C%60email%60%2C%60httpad%60%2C%60pswrd%60%2C%60expln%60%2C%60datasign%60%2C%60rating%60%2C%60is_rating%60%2C%60zapas%60%2C%60viz%60+FROM+%60maindata%60+WHERE+1+AND+%60idff%60+%3D+587 (errno=36 - File name too long) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/tbl_replace.php on line 130

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/tbl_replace.php:130) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/tbl_replace.php on line 135

8. bdraco

bdraco Guest

Try updating to the latest build.