The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phpMyAdmin problem

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by dessiderio, Dec 20, 2004.

1. dessiderio

dessiderio Member

When I try to enter in phpMyAdmin appears this error:

Warning: Illegal offset type in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries/grab_globals.lib.php on line 54

Warning: Illegal offset type in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries/grab_globals.lib.php on line 54

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries/grab_globals.lib.php:54) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php on line 55

any idea how fix this?

thanks

2. Bruceper

Bruceper Member

I'm having the same problem. I just started a rebuild of apache and dropping down a version of php to 4.3.9. This change fixed the problem and now I am able to view phpmyadmin again.

Another post suggests updating the zend optimizer to work with php 4.3.10, I have no interest in updating zend at 3:30 on xmas morning.

Merry ho ho to everyone.

3. Gnomercy

Gnomercy Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

/scripts/updatenow
    /scripts/installzendopt
    Press enter a bunch of times.

Upgrading zend takes exactly 3 minutes. You might consider doing it rather than risking your server and the sites of your customers because you don't want to do the research to fix your problems.

4. Bruceper

Bruceper Member

I did the research, as you saw my post said others had stated that upgrading zend had fixed the issue.

I went to bed, i woke up, upgraded zend, did the rest of the updates I needed to and now all works.

Of course I didn't come off high, mighty and snotty when I made my post, you did, now go away and play with your new xmas toys.

This junk wouldn't happen if cpanel fixed their stuff properly. The only time I have to come to this board is when there's a problem. This wasn't the first time and it won't be the last. Don't get me wrong, I love cpanel and whm, I can just do without the problems.

5. Keegan

Keegan Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    We are leaning towards this being a cached JS file

Would you two possibly on university networks, or a network highly controlled (Firewall, flow control etc)

6. Keegan

Keegan Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Well, we have found that users that are loggin in at:

cpanel.theirdomain.com:2082 run into this problem.

If you go through

domain.com:2082 you shouldnt see this problem anymore.