phpMyAdmin query window stops working after cPanel update

GoWilkes

Sep 26, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I recently updated cPanel to v. 11.23.6-R26881, which updated phpMyAdmin to v. 2.11.6. After the update, though, the query window that I usually use a lot with phpMyAdmin just stopped working.

By "stopped working," I mean that I can enter my queries and press Go, but instead of running the query it simply takes the parent window back to the phpMyAdmin Home entry page.

The server is semi-managed, but the management company doesn't have a clue on what to do here. I've become rather reliant on the query window, though, so not having it is forcing me to spend a lot more time running queries than I should.

Is this a common problem with this version, or is it just me? Is there a way for me to correct it?

lab4games

Sep 19, 2007
facing same problem.

import.php: Missing parameter: import_type (FAQ 2.8)
import.php: Missing parameter: format (FAQ 2.8)

mangel_ajo

Registered
Sep 16, 2008
I'm having exactly the same problem:

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=93101

I tried to send a support ticket, but I was unable (the support ticket system did very strange things: like keep reloading the same webpage all the time without leting me fill fields).

Any hint?

Did you get a solution for that?

Thanks in advance
Miguel Ángel.

GoWilkes

Sep 26, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I was able to submit a cPanel ticket, and the tech did something to fix it. He stated that he simply logged in to the root account and ran /scripts/securetmp

He also mentioned that if I had a problem again, I might also try running "upcp --force" or "rm -f /tmp/sess*" (without the quotes, of course).

HTH,

Jason

mangel_ajo

Registered
Sep 16, 2008
Hi GoWilkes, thank you very much for your help, anyway it didn't work for my config:

That about loop happens to me because I'm running cpanel (vps optimized) in a VPS inside my server
Code:
[email protected] [/tmp]# /scripts/securetmp 
Would you like to secure /tmp & /var/tmp at boot time? (y/n) y
Would you like to secure /tmp & /var/tmp now? (y/n) y
Securing /tmp & /var/tmp
The system does not support loop devices.
and I run the other two, but no success ':)

anyway I managed to put a submit a ticket this morning.

I was able to submit a cPanel ticket, and the tech did something to fix it. He stated that he simply logged in to the root account and ran /scripts/securetmp

He also mentioned that if I had a problem again, I might also try running "upcp --force" or "rm -f /tmp/sess*" (without the quotes, of course).

HTH,

Jason