phpmyadmin shows wrong mysql version

vashrf

Jan 20, 2010
hi,

I just upgraded to mysql 5.1, but phpmyadmin still shows 5.0. Cpanel shows 5.1 though. So, what is wrong with phpmyadmin?

Thanks

cPanelDon

cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
hi,

I just upgraded to mysql 5.1, but phpmyadmin still shows 5.0. Cpanel shows 5.1 though. So, what is wrong with phpmyadmin?

Thanks
What you are seeing is normal; this is not caused by any problem. The MySQL client support compiled into the internal cPanel PHP installation is compatible with MySQL 5.1 despite phpMyAdmin reporting MySQL 5.0.

If you would like to have the numbers match I would run the following script via root SSH access:
Code:
/scripts/makecpphp

vashrf

Jan 20, 2010
Server version: 5.0.91-community-log
MySQL client version: 5.1.48

is that correct?

thanks for the help though.

cPanelDon

Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Server version: 5.0.91-community-log
MySQL client version: 5.1.48

is that correct?

thanks for the help though.
The reported MySQL client version (5.1.x) should be compatible with the MySQL server version (5.0.x); however, I see there may be a discrepancy as described.

Please provide the following details:
  1. Are you using a remote MySQL server?
  2. Is there a specific issue or problem that you are experiencing (perhaps with specific errors being logged)?

chr1831

Registered
Sep 27, 2010
Sorry to bring up an older topic but I am also having this issue. I have recompiled php/apache already, and you can check the build report id 4263613. I installed mysql 5.1.48 but phpmyadmin still reports 5.0.91-community. I am not using a remote mysql server so that should help narrow it down.

mysqld --version
mysqld Ver 5.1.48 for pc-linux-gnu on i686 (MySQL Community Server (GPL))

Server: VPS (openvz)
Ram: 512mb
WHM version: 11.26.14

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edit: I am not experiencing any other issues.

cPanelDon

Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Sorry to bring up an older topic but I am also having this issue. I have recompiled php/apache already, and you can check the build report id 4263613. I installed mysql 5.1.48 but phpmyadmin still reports 5.0.91-community. I am not using a remote mysql server so that should help narrow it down.

mysqld --version
mysqld Ver 5.1.48 for pc-linux-gnu on i686 (MySQL Community Server (GPL))

Server: VPS (openvz)
Ram: 512mb
WHM version: 11.26.14

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edit: I am not experiencing any other issues.
To clarify and ensure I'm checking the correct detail, which version information are you referring to in phpMyAdmin? For example, are you referring to what phpMyAdmin displays as the MySQL "Server version" or the "MySQL client version"?

Please provide the output from the following command, entered via root SSH access:
Code:
# rpm -qa --qf "%{name}-%{version}-%{release}.%{arch}\n" | grep -i mysql | sort