phpMyAdmin, SquirrelMail, Horde not working after update

gcc

Dec 11, 2003
My current configuration:
FreeBSD
cPanel 9.4.0-E13

After I've updated the Apache to x.x.31 and cPanel to 9.4.0-E13. phpMyAdmin, SquirrelMail and Horde will not work anymore. The browser only displays a blank page. However, neomail works. From what I can tell, the php pages for cPanel aren't working anymore. Does anyone else have this problem? Any idea on how to fix the problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

wipl

Oct 12, 2003
I'm facing the same problem. None of my phppages are working after the upgrade I carried out today.

gcc

Dec 11, 2003
i happen to fix the problem, right after i posted the message. the problem for me was the php distributed by cpanel. try /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php -v. you'll probably get an error with some unfound library. the library problem for me occured with the gettext package. appearently, cpanel compiled their php with gettext support. however their gettext package is an older version. if you use a package newer than gettext-0.11.5_1, you would have a problem. you can do a pkg_info to check the version of gettext. if it is a newer verison, you can go to freebsd website and download an older version and do a pkg_delete and pkg_add. hope it works for you.

jcase

Jun 1, 2004
I went ahead and removed the package, however i am only seeing the latest gettext port on freebsd's site, I downloaded another version of gettext and compiled by source, didnt do anything. Any suggestions?

arhs

Jul 4, 2003
Horde is giving errors after upgrade to 9.4.1-STABLE 56
PHP:
Warning: main(Date/Calc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/kronolith/lib/base.php on line 63

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'Date/Calc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/kronolith/lib/base.php on line 63

gcc

Dec 11, 2003
you should use /scripts/makecpphp to rebuild the cpanel php. the compile version that you're using is the standard version. you need the cpanel version which is linked to /usr/local/cpanel/lib/php. cpanel has some extra php libs that's not installed with the standard version.

if you really want to hack around, you can copy /usr/local/cpanel/lib/php/Date to /usr/lib/php and /usr/local/cpanel/lib/php/Log* to /usr/lib/php. horde should work with the system php then.

jcase

Jun 1, 2004
upon doing that im getting:

ns1# /scripts/makecpphp
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libintl.so.4" not found
tar (child): php-4.3.7.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
Could not download php at /scripts/makecpphp line 28.

jcase

Jun 1, 2004
(im assuming this is because i recompiled php with the latest version).... any ideas?

jcase

Jun 1, 2004
FYI Update to: WHM 9.4.0 cPanel 9.4.1-E57
FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE - WHM X v3.1.0

resolves the issue.
-Jon

jcase

Jun 1, 2004
ok... resolved the issue with webmail...

if youre running freebsd, and your having this issue do the following:

1)Update to the latest edge WHM 9.4.0 cPanel 9.4.1-E57
FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE - WHM X v3.1.0

2) make this symlink: cd /usr/local/lib/ && ln -s libintl.so libintl.so.4

3) run /scripts/makecpphp/

4) Turn off automatic updates! unless of course you feel like fixing these types of issues weekly. Once I get this stable I dont plan on making any changes for sometime.

-Jon

gcc

Dec 11, 2003
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libintl.so.4" not found error is due to fact makecpphp is using an older version of gettext....refer to back to one of my earlier replies. i've updated to freebsd current-58 last night. it didn't break anything that i fixed. the new current release might solve your problems.

gcc

Dec 11, 2003
one last thing

for freebsd users....
if you make sure you use gettext-0.11.5_1 and wget-1.8.2_3 ports packages, then you should have any problem with cpanel php stuff. the reason for the wget package because wget also depends on gettext. the newer wget nears newer gettext. :)

NH-Benjamin

Jun 4, 2004
did anyone submit a bug report so its fixed in the next release.

peterLV

Registered
Jun 23, 2004
hi,

after this update, all me mail accounts are down,
mysql was down, phpmanager was down, but I fixted that,
only the mailproblem is here.

yours have a idea, we I can fix that?

peter

sorry for me bad english