The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phpMyAdmin still no work....ongoing

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by jsnape, Sep 9, 2002.

1. jsnape

jsnape Well-Known Member

phpMyAdmin. Threads have been opened, and multiple users have verified it. Support tickets have been opened and ignored completely. When is the issue with phpMyAdmin not working going to be addressed??

Every user on one of my servers is locked out of phpMyAdmin since umm...&upgrading?& to build 60. It seems to be an issue with ownership because for some reason a random user on my system is shown as the owner of all files in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin

And that one user seems to be the only one who can get access to phpMyAdmin without the freaded Invalid username/password error.
    This isn't a problem with databases not being created on the other accounts on the server either. I have checked accounts with MySQL databases and they are all getting the error.

I went in abnd changed ownership on the files but that one user was still rthhe only one who could get access to phpMyAdmin. I then upgraded to CPanel5.0 and noticed that the user was once again put down as the owner of all the files in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin

2. jsnape

jsnape Well-Known Member

OK... My appologies to Cpanel.net. This was a result of my stupidity. I was blaming the software when it was my lack of knowledge on the operation of the software.

Apparently when you log in to Cpanel on a user account using your password to override theirs, phpMyAdmin will throw that error. You must be logged in using the users own password in order to get into phpMyAdmin.