The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phpMyAdmin stops working on secure port

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by mfos239, Jan 8, 2005.

1. mfos239

mfos239 Registered

I have a cPanel Server with Apache 1.3.33, MySQL 4.0.22, PHP 4.3.10, and phpMyAdmin 2.6.0-pl3.

After the server has been running 3-5 days, phpMyAdmin will stop working on the secure port 2083. If I try to access phpMyAdmin by logging into any user's secure cPanel via https://www.myserver.com:2083, phpMyAdmin does not work. It shows the left frame with the choice of databases, but a blank right frame. When you select a database from the drop down box in the left frame, the browser appears to just be waiting. The IE logo keeps flashing. I get either a blank right frame, or the tabs come up in the right frame, but nothing else. This is true for all users and all databases.

Strangely enough though, if I try to access phpMyAdmin on the standard port 2082 (non-secure cpanel) then phpMyAdmin works just fine.

The only way I have found to get phpMyAdmin working again on the secure port is a full reboot of the server.

What is causing this problem and how can I fix it so that I don't have to reboot the server?

2. mfos239

mfos239 Registered

Someone suggested that I run /scripts/fixeverything to solve my problem. I tried this and it seemed to fix it. However about 3 days later, the problem resurfaced. I was able to again fix it with /scripts/fixeverything. Yet, when 3 days later the problem again resurfaced, this time I fixeverything did NOT fix it.

Also, spamd keeps failing when the problem starts happening...

Any ideas?