The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHPMyAdmin User password

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by int4942686578, Mar 13, 2012.

1. int4942686578

int4942686578 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I log into phpMyAdmin through CPanel but of course i don't want everything open to everyone so i created a user and added them to the phpMyAdmin database. The user has rights to certain tables only. This has worked great up until i had to reinstall the program that was using this log-in and i had forgotten the password to the account. Does anyone know how i can recover the password for this account? or do i have to remake the user? I would much rather recover the password for obvious reasons.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Find the MySQL Databases icon in your cPanel, there at bottom of page find the user, select and modify there. That should work.

I'm not sure I fully understand this. The cPanel user should be the only one with access to cPanel. There really should be no need to create this addon user for this. That is, unless you mean that you've added your own install of phpMyAdmin.

3. int4942686578

int4942686578 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    in order for this application to function it needs access to the DB. IMO this is better served by creating another account with limited DB access. This is the same principal as having to sudo on Ubuntu because root is a locked account with full rights to the system.