The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phpmychat installation errors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pam1234, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Pam1234

Pam1234 Registered

Apr 18, 2005
    I'm a web host who just transferred all accounts from Ensim to cPanel. My users are having trouble installing phpmychat from cPanel.

I know it's something to do with mysql configuration but I don't know how to solve it. The autoinstaller for phpmychat wants to name the database longusername_pchat1 but instead it gets named longdomainame_pchat (without the 1) so the installation fails.

There's no use having phpmychat as a cpanel script if it can't be installed by an average user. I know how to install it by hand but that defeats the purpose.

Can someone explain in very clear, understandable terms what to do in WHM to keep the database and usernames from truncating for all cPanel users? I'm sure I'm not the only one needing this advice.

Thanks in advance.
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Go on, have a guess
    cPanel creates database names from the accountname_database name and you need to be careful that the length does not exceed (IIRC) 20 characters. For that reason, you need to make sure that you keep the account names short when you set them up initially in WHM.