The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phpMyChat not installing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by carock, Dec 15, 2003.

1. carock

carock Well-Known Member

I'm using the Bluelagoon theme, and when I click on the phpMyChat icon to install it, and put in the directory adn username and password, the install doesn't work.

It displays complete, but when you click on the link to configure it I get this message...

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'joemikecox_pchat1@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/joemikecox/public_html/chat/chat/lib/database/mysql.lib.php3 on line 26
    Database error: Link_ID == false, connect failed
    MySQL error: 0 ()
    Session halted.

In looking at the MySQL server, the install script created the database, and a user. It didn't assign acces for the user to the database. Also in the phpMyChat config file, the username and database name specified is the exact same as each other. But the install set up a different username than the database name.

I fixed the config, and gave access to the user the install created, but it's still not functioning. Now I get this message...

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/joemikecox/public_html/chat/chat/config/config.lib.php3:81) in /home/joemikecox/public_html/chat/chat/localization/languages.lib.php3 on line 70
    Database error: Invalid SQL: DELETE FROM c_messages WHERE m_time < 1071180489
    MySQL error: 1146 (Table 'joemikecox_pchat1.c_messages' doesn't exist)
    Session halted.

Any ideas how to fix? Running RH 9.0 with Cpanel 8.5.4-R72

Thanks,
    Chuck

2. carock

carock Well-Known Member

Cpanel install script messed up but chat is working

I went through the installation docs for the phpMyChat and configured the MySQL database. Now I can access the setup.php3 file for configuring the program.

That Cpanel installphpchat script needs some tweaking.

Chuck

3. Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna Member

I can get mine to install -- buy can't get into the admin. I spent fours jacking with it.

I know it use to work -- as the one I installed a year ago worked just fine.

I'd sure like to know what I'm doing wrong. (if it is me) Or when it will be fixed (if if isn't me) It would look like the program developer disappeared -- or at least any help on their web site did. It was a good and easy to use caht room when I had it the last time around.