The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phpPgAdmin - manual upgrade ok?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by barwin, Aug 5, 2004.

1. barwin

barwin Active Member

I hope this isn't a repeat question. I searched but didn't find a good answer.

Does anyone know if something bad would happen if I were to manually upgrade phpPgAdmin to the latest release? Of course I would take care to make sure the config.inc.php files maintain similar values between versions ... but did cPanel make any custom modifications to the phpPgAdmin code that will be lost in my haphazzard upgrade?

The main reason I want to upgrade is that later versions allow users to "export" their databases, which several of our clients have asked about.

Any info appreciated. Thanks!

-Ben

2. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    no problem at all. you can proceed.

3. barwin

barwin Active Member

As it turns out, I found a minor code modification that's necessary to keep people happy.

In "login.php", you need to make a quick modification so that the login form is auto-populated.

Code:
    <input type="text" name="formUsername" value="<?php echo $_ENV['REMOTE_USER'] ?>" size="24" />

<input type="password" name="formPassword" value="<?php echo $_ENV['REMOTE_PASSWORD'] ?>" size="24" />