The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phpPgAdmin, not maintained

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by madmac, Jan 6, 2006.

1. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

Doesn't cPanel ever update phpPgAdmin?

I know it does update phpMyAdmin, but I opened up phpPgAdmin the other day and noticed it was running a really really old version, from around October 2004 (I think it was 3.4.1). The latest stable version is 4.0.1, but even staying on the 3.x branch, the latest stable for that is 3.5.6.

I manually updated to 4.0.1 myself the other day, and so far cPanel has not rolled it back, so it seems cPanel doesn't do anything with maintaining phpPgAdmin, even though it is the one that installed it, yet it maintains phpMyAdmin? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Anyways just wondering if that is the correct behavior, and if so, where i can find a list of software that cPanel installs but does not maintain. I was under the assumption that cPanel maintained all the software that it installed, but I guess that is not correct.

2. umutbesler

umutbesler Active Member

I don't know why but cPanel team don't make changes on postgresql related software.
    For example latest postgresql version is: 8.1.1 but cPanel installs 7.3.x. Postgresql backups are not working on 8.x, phppgadmin is very old etc.

There are some topics on bugzilla but there is no action on them.