The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phpPgAdmin permissions errors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by philpem, Oct 4, 2005.

1. philpem

philpem Member

Hi.
    I've created a PostgreSQL database using cPanel. Everything seems to work fine - I can access the database from PHP, add and delete records, drop tables, and so forth. However, if I try and manipulate the data with phpPgAdmin, I get various problems. If I log in to PgAdmin as "myusername" (the cpanel default), I can browse all my databases, but if I try and open a table I get the error "ERROR: mytable: permission denied". If I log in as "myusername_mydatabase" I can't see any databases in the listing.
    What am I doing wrong? All I wanted to do was take a look at some data in a DB and watch it change as my PHP script edits it.

Thanks,
    Phil.

2. jazzz

jazzz Member

i have this problem too. exactly!
    cPanel 10.8.1-R30, phpPgAdmin 3.4.1, PostgreSQL 8.0.7

3. maximus_marcus

maximus_marcus Well-Known Member

Hello,

Checkout the permission of the folder /var/lib/mysql on the server and if necessary also refer to the mysql log for more help .

4. bijo

bijo Well-Known Member

It is nothing related with mysql. It is the problem related with postgres. Please check the following link, May be it will help you to solve this issue.
    http://groups.google.co.in/group/ma...denied+postgres&rnum=3&hl=en#454774db9d9e762f