The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phpsuecec + Squirrelmail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by sexy_guy, Apr 17, 2003.

1. sexy_guy

sexy_guy Well-Known Member

I have tried ever perm in the book to get Squirrelmail working. Still keep gettin a 403 and 404. Does anyone know what permissions are supposed to be set to get Squirrelmail working under phpsuexec?

#1 sexy_guy, Apr 17, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2003
  2. JohnT

JohnT Registered

It might not be a permission issue as such, it might be the fact that ExecCGI is not set on the directory concerned, try looking in the apache error logs for something like this

Options ExecCGI is off in this directory: /path/here

3. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

If you have installed squirrelmail as a server wide app using an Alias in the httpd.conf file to redirect to the installation directory, you will not be able to get it to run under phpsuexec, and here is why.

You chown all the files to a single user for domain1.com.

It will work for domain1.com, but domain2.com tries to access it and the ownership of the files do not match the username of the username of domain2.com.

4. mpierre

mpierre Well-Known Member

Isn't there a method to tell suexec to run scripts in a specific directory regardless of the owner ?

Kinda like a safe directory ?

5. sexy_guy

If you call it like that it brings up webmail unfortunately

I tried many things without success. Either get 500 Server error or 403's and 404's.

I did chown it cpanel.cpanel and placed it in /usr/local/cpanel/base/squirrelmail-1.2.10/ then i added and alias to httpd.conf like so Alias /squirrel /usr/local/cpanel/base/squirrelmail-1.2.10 without much success. HMM

Then called is http://mydomain/squirrel/ Its a no go!

6. sexy_guy

Yep it works only if i chown it to my username then call it from my domain. :( So now the question is how do you use one version on the server so everyone can use it? cpanel.cpanel does not work yet they can get Neomail and Horde to work.

7. sexy_guy

Some of my users are getting a 500 Server error on their sites after installing phpsuexec, what do you tell them?

8. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

Later on tonight, I will see if I can figure out where to put it to make it run on port 2095 like the other webmail applications. That would solve the problem with phpsuexec, but it would put you back to running under port 2095 and having a double login like Horde.

9. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

This is most like and permissions or ownership issue on those files. It is also possible, that the php files were uploaded in binary mode instead of ascii mode. I am not sure this makes a difference for php scripts run under suexec, but it certainly makes a difference for cgi scripts.

10. sexy_guy

I figued it out and it works on all sites from one installation under phpsuexec however a just need to verify a few things before i post the solution. :D

11. Stenny Chong

Stenny Chong Well-Known Member

GREAT Job.

Thanks sexy_guys, this solve us many time on if we want to run something server wide.

Cheer...;)

12. Stenny Chong

Not work

Hi,

I comfirm, not work with chown to cpanel.cpanel but work with root.wheel, don't know is there any security issue if chown with root.wheel.

Any idea.

13. sexy_guy

Re: Not work

I also had root.wheel which says its owned by root but usable by everyone in the wheel group which is all your users accounts however when i changed it to cpanel.cpanel it made no difference so i left it as cpanel.cpanel but if root.wheel works then that should be ok i imagine.

14. Stenny Chong

can you please post the file list for me to comapre with my file permission setting?

thanks.